Belgium is a beautiful and diverse country, with many top 10 locations worth visiting. Whether you are looking for stunning natural landscapes, historic cities and towns, or vibrant urban centers packed with culture and entertainment, there is something for everyone in Belgium. Here are just a few of the top places to visit in this enchanting European destination.
1. Bruges – Located on the coast of Belgium, Bruges is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. With its charming canals, medieval architecture, and scenic waterfront views, Bruges has everything you could want from a picturesque travel destination. There is a famous film about Bruges called In Bruges.
2. Ghent – Another historic city in Belgium, Ghent offers visitors an abundance of cultural attractions, from its impressive medieval architecture to its bustling art and music scene. Whether you are looking to explore the city’s museums, theaters, or churches, there is something for everyone in Ghent.
3. Antwerp – Known as a fashion capital of Europe, Antwerp is a lively and exciting urban center that is perfect for those looking to soak up some culture. With world-class museums, historic monuments, and buzzing nightlife scene, Antwerp has something to offer everyone.
4. Ardennes – Located in the heart of Belgium’s countryside, the Ardennes region is home to some of the country’s most stunning natural landscapes. Whether you are looking for rugged mountains and forests or peaceful lakes and rivers, the Ardennes has it all.
5. Spa – Famous for its mineral-rich hot springs, Spa is a popular destination for those looking to relax and rejuvenate. Whether you are seeking wellness treatments or simply want to enjoy the beautiful natural surroundings, there is something for everyone in this charming spa town.
6. Brussels – As Belgium’s capital city, Brussels offers visitors a wealth of cultural attractions, from world-class museums and galleries to bustling street markets and lively nightlife scenes. No matter what your interests are, you will find something exciting in this vibrant European capital.
7. Leuven – Located just outside of Brussels, Leuven is a student-centric city with plenty to see and do for visitors of all ages. From its vibrant nightlife to its charming historic center, Leuven is the perfect place for those looking for an energetic and exciting travel experience.
8. Mechelen – For those looking to explore Belgium’s fascinating history and culture, Mechelen is a must-visit destination. With its stunning medieval architecture and numerous museums and heritage sites, there is no shortage of things to see and do in this charming city.
9. Charleroi – Often overlooked as a tourist destination, Charleroi is one of the most interesting cities in Belgium. A former industrial hub that has been revitalized into a lively urban center, Charleroi boasts beautiful green spaces, fascinating cultural attractions, and some of the best shopping in the country.
10. Dinant – Nestled along the banks of the Meuse River, Dinant is a charming and picturesque town that offers visitors a glimpse into centuries of Belgian history. Whether you are seeking outdoor adventure or simply want to relax and soak up some local culture, Dinant is an unforgettable travel destination.